Baked Tilapia With Lemon & Coconut [Video Recipe]
Got 20 Minutes? Make This Mexican Inspired Dish
Tonight won?t leave you hungry, but it?s super low in calories. How? The magic of macronutrient ratio balancing with the perfect compliments of vitamins and minerals that?ll trick you into believing you?re eating A LOT more than you actually are. When designing The Planet Friendly Diet, I took all things into consideration including cravings, habits and nutritional balance. It didn?t come easy though. I mean, I?d be crazy to want my customers to go hungry. That never brings out the best in anyone.
You might also like:
Dreamy Dairy-Free Curry [Video Recipe]
Why It’s Awesome
This dish is a great introduction to lower carb eating, taking less than 20 minutes to make. Often our guests at Whistler Fitness Vacations come from eating a bit more potatoes, rice, noodles and pasta then they really need. That?s why I designed this dish with the cornflake treats on the tilapia (carbs) and lots of meaty flavored mushrooms. When cooked well, mushrooms really make you forget about the meat you wish you were eating!
Baked Tilapia with Lemon & Coconut is the dish from the first night of my weight loss retreat in Whistler. Very often they come into dinner quite hungry after a big day of activity, so they need quality nourishment with a taste of home.
Ingredients (One Portion)
1 Clove of Garlic
3 oz Tilapia
4?5 Broccoli bites
Handful of Green Beans
Paprika to taste
2 tablespoons Fresh Salsa
Veggie Broth (or water)
How We Make It At WFV
- Preheat oven to 375?F/180?C.
- Place fish on aluminum foil, then bake for 15?20 minutes until fish is white when you put a knife through the middle.
- While the fish is cooking, make salsa. This is great to have in the fridge for snacks and upcoming meals.
- Next, slice the mushrooms thinly, chop broccoli, trim the ends of beans.
- Peel, smash and chop garlic into fine pieces.
- Pour a few tablespoons of broth into the pan to taste, simmer on medium heat until it bubbles. Add paprika.
- Cook garlic, mushrooms, broccoli and beans, until crisp.
- Serve with salsa and squeeze some deliciously fresh lemon juice over the fish, for the perfect topping.
Calories 330 | Carbohydrates 48g | Protein 27g | Fat 7g