Basic Training, OBC56 day 1
Anna’s fitness makeover is an incredible five month journey, and she’s 8 weeks left. Discovering the perfect trainings to get back in shape can be tough. Do too much, you might wind up burnt out or injured. Too little could leave you bored and un-motivated.
The Original Boot Camp is 56 days of easy-to-implement activities that will get you healthier, stronger and lighter in an accelerated time frame. Live in fitness programs like Cat Smiley Boot Camp will let you rediscover your mojo. We’re outside in all weather conditions, building strength on the inside while facing winter of West Coast Canada.
Today’s tasks (6 hours)
HIGH INTENSITY WORKOUTS
- 90 minute beginner spin class, focusing on endurance.
- Fitness Testing; 400 metre fastest time (3:45) plus warm-up and cool-down lap. Completing 15 burpies in the fastest time (4:45). Maximum lunges… and then finding the correct modification to achieve this weeks boot camp workout safely.
- Complete fastest mile – 4 laps of the track is the optimal place for testing.
I am so proud that I fully ran my first mile!! Timed at 17:09!! I am no longer walking my mile and what an accomplishment that is. Today also was a humbling day to realize that the burpee’s I tried to accomplish looked like a “burped mess”. Lunges were no better; I actually fell over sideways trying to complete the lunge! Note to self; remember this OBC56 day 1 when feeling unmotivated … I will progress!!
- 3 hours organizing schedule, priority tasks, food planning and grocery shopping for the week ahead.
- Sleep planning; she had anxiety about doing burpies, and found herself googling ‘how to’ at 3am! I suggested longer sleep than usual tonight, starting her sleep routine at 6.30pm.
Essential tasks for at-home-OBC
If you have opportunity to find an athletic track, it’s ideal. Check google for school tracks, and find out when you’re permitted to go. Usually after school is fully open to public. All boot campers should have access to a spin bike; this is vital in low-impact cross training. Plan ahead to get this setup ahead of time. Canadian Tire usually is faster than ordering in from Peleton or Bowflex. Sign up today for a free trail at an app that offers fitness classes. Anna follows Nordic Track system.
OBC56 follows a strict food plan. Food management takes more time than you might imagine. My residential weight loss camp has a food plan with zero-waste ingredients. It’s ideal to have your own organized kitchen space, whatever that looks like to you.